07 Dec 2022
DiamondWorld Directory
-
Home |
News
Home
Rio Tinto to spend $350 Million for Canadian Diamond Mine Development
The development involves construction of fourth pipe at Diavik mine in Canada
By: Diamond World News Service
|
Nov 27 2014 3:20PM
|
Reference: 10874  

DecreaseIncrease
Rio Tinto PLC has okayed a $350 million extension at Diavik diamond mine in Canad, says a report.

The development project involves construction of a fourth pipe, known as A21 that will help the miners sustain diamond output from the operation. More than 7,000 carats of diamonds were produced from the mine site in 2013, adds a report. Production from the new pipe is expected to commence in late 2018.

The company controls the said diamond mine with Dominion Diamond Corp. The Diavik JV is 60 per cent owned by Rio Tinto, with Dominion Diamond owning the remaining 40 per cent. Diavik’s diamond reserves are contained in solidified volcanic pipes of kimberlite, which the miner tunnels through the Earth’s crust to reach and extract the diamond ore. Currently, the mine is due to operate until 2023, adds a report.

Follow DiamondWorld on Instagram: @diamondworldnet
Follow DiamondWorld on Twitter: @diamondworldnet
Follow DiamondWorld on Facebook: @diamondworldnet
Have Your Say
* Your view
* Name:
* Email:
* Town/city:
* Country/State:
*  Company:
 
*  Name:
 
*  Mobile:
 
*  Email:
 
 
Subscribe for DiamondWorld weekly Newsletter
 
Advertisement
DWWeeklypost
Search News by City
Advertisement
DWsubscription
Recent Issue
2022
AVAILABLE NOW...!
News in Pictures
Videos
Young Diamantaires
Pictures: 16
Stunning Jewellery from Cannes 2019
Pictures: 24
Sparkly Jewels at Oscars 2019
Pictures: 19
Golden Globes 2018
Pictures: 15
Spotted: Who Wore What (December 2018)
Pictures: 4
India Diamond Week
Pictures: 8
Spotted: Who Wore What (October 2018)
Pictures: 7
Spotted: Who Wore What (September 2018)
Pictures: 6
70th Emmy Awards
Pictures: 11
35th India International Jewellery Show 2018
Pictures: 46
JJS - IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2015 powered by GIA
Views: 32037
Diamond World Expert Hour with Evgeny Agureev, Deputy CEO, ALROSA
Views: 9541
GJEPC Chairman Interview
Views: 28141
IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2012 - Part 1
Views: 39382
Promo for IJ Awards 2012 at NDTV Profit
Views: 57074
IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2012- Part 2
Views: 68567
Couture India 2016 - A Business Boutique Show by IJ Magazine
Views: 21889
Savjibhai Dholakiya, Surat Businessman (Diamond Merchant) speaks in Vibrant 2015
Views: 50935
IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2013 - NDTV Video
Views: 53131
Advertisement
DW News App
Member of:
Supporter of: