Image courtesy: GIA (for reference purposes only)
Mark your calendars for GIA’s JCK Talks on how sustainability can drive positive change and the limits of diamond country-of-origin – these are topics that your readers will want to know the latest information about:
- JCK Talk: Bringing Clarity to Sustainability
- GIA presents its first sustainability report in a conversation between GIA President and CEO Susan Jacques and GIA Vice President for Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Programs Johanna Levy, discussing the findings of the first GIA sustainability report, the Institute’s ESG goals and plans, and what sustainability and ESG mean for GIA and the industry.
- Friday, June 2 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Venetian 101 & 102, Level 1
- JCK Talk: Diamond Country-of-Origin and the Limits of Science
- Definitively determining the country of origin of a specific diamond, a subject of interest for nearly three decades, has been brought to the forefront by increased consumer and government interest - and perhaps requirements - that the source of diamonds be known. GIA research scientist Dr. Evan Smith will review the current ability of science to determine a diamond’s country of origin and whether future analytical techniques will be able to more fully address this challenge. Tom Moses, GIA Executive Vice President for Laboratory and Research, and Dr. Wuyi Wang, GIA Vice President of Research and Development, will also participate.
- Saturday June 3, from 1:30 to 3:00 PM
- Level 1 – room TBD
To learn more about the GIA booth and activities at JCK Las Vegas, visit: GIA.edu/JCK2023
Follow DiamondWorld on Instagram: @diamondworldnet
Follow DiamondWorld on Twitter: @diamondworldnet
Follow DiamondWorld on Facebook: @diamondworldnet