Of the four, Liqhobong’s initial production expected during the final quarter of this year. There is over 11 million carats in reserve at the mine and the total open pit resource is of over 17 million carats, as per reports. The mine is owned by Firestone Diamonds (75 percent) and the government of Lesotho (25 percent). Paragon Diamonds had recently taken over the Mothae diamond mine and pegged Mothae’s current value at US$115 million using a reduced scale mine plan envisaged by the company, reports say. Mothae is expected to be brought into production following the obtaining of required governmental approvals.
At Lemphane, owned 80 percent by Paragon Diamonds and remaining 20 percent by the government of Lesotho, Paragon is planning an open pit for the first 15 years and 10 years of underground mining thereafter. The Kolo Mine bought recently by Batla Minerals has an estimated resource of 1.3 million tons kimberlite with 110,000 carats of diamonds, as per reports.