16 Oct 2018
DiamondWorld Directory
Home |
News
Home
Lucapa awarded Mothae Kimberlite project
Will hold 70 percent stake in the mine
By: Diamond World News Service
|
Feb 1 2017 9:00AM
|
Reference: 13857  

DecreaseIncrease
Image Courtesy: Lucapa Diamond Company
Image Courtesy: Lucapa Diamond Company
Lucapa Diamond Company is awarded the Mothae Kimberlite Project, giving the company a 70 percent stake in the project, reports say. The project was awarded by the Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho who will hold the remaining 30 percent stake. Lucapa’s 70 percent share was acquired for US$ 9 million, payable over 10 months, as per reports. This development allows Lucapa to also get a 10-year mining licence covering the Mothae kimberlite area, with a right to extend it by another 10 years.

According to the company, results of trial mining at the project indicate the kimberlite hosts “large, premium value and Type IIa diamonds, including individual stones up to 254 carats and gem-quality diamonds which have sold for up to US$ 41,500 per ct, reports add. The Mothae kimberlite is believed to be a resource of indicated and inferred resources of 1 million carats.

Lucapa is considering adopting a staged low-risk development strategy and readying the mine for production within 12 months. It cites the production at the mine to be in sync with the high-value diamonds at its Lulo Mine. Also, the company cites a positive environment of price and demand for such high-value stones, which are encouraging for the mine.

Have Your Say
* Your view
* Name:
* Email:
* Town/city:
* Country/State:
Advertisement
HouseAd_Trade Fair
Search News by City
Advertisement
Kosher 23460
Advertisement
Kosher 23460
Recent Issue
2018
AVAILABLE NOW...!
Advertisement
Kosher 23460
News in Pictures
Videos
Spotted: Who Wore What (October 2018)
Pictures: 7
Spotted: Who Wore What (September 2018)
Pictures: 6
70th Emmy Awards
Pictures: 11
35th India International Jewellery Show 2018
Pictures: 46
Spotted: Who Wore What (August 2018)
Pictures: 4
Spotted: Who Wore What (July 2018)
Pictures: 5
Spotted: Who Wore What (19th to 30th June 2018)
Pictures: 11
JCK Las Vegas 2018
Pictures: 42
Carat+ 2018
Pictures: 20
Talk of Town - Trillion Cut Diamonds
Pictures: 18
JJS - IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2015 powered by GIA
Views: 11975
GJEPC Chairman Interview
Views: 11082
IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2012 - Part 1
Views: 17631
Promo for IJ Awards 2012 at NDTV Profit
Views: 29251
IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2012- Part 2
Views: 32274
Couture India 2016 - A Business Boutique Show by IJ Magazine
Views: 9173
Savjibhai Dholakiya, Surat Businessman (Diamond Merchant) speaks in Vibrant 2015
Views: 30689
IJ Jewellers Choice Design Awards 2013 - NDTV Video
Views: 29304
Advertisement
Kiran Gems
Advertisement
Jewellery Arabia 2018
Member of:
Supporter of: